Sunday, January 3, 2010

Keeping the Good Things In Mind

I bitch and moan a lot about various parts of my life that I feel put out by. I was completely and utterly unemployed for 10 months and it was, put entirely too simply, depressing. It's degrading you know? Not having a job and trying your hardest to get one and not getting anywhere - there's no other word for it but sucks. And that depression frequently bleeds into other parts of my life and I get depressed about everything, not just my employment status.

There are a great many things in my life that are very, very good you see. The most stellar example of these things is my boyfriend. I'm in love with the most wonderful man who's hilarious, smart, sweet, and so, so good to me.

We don't really have too many traditions just yet but one of the few is making Christmas cookies each year. And each year Steve frosts a cookie to look like the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. I find it incredibly adorable for some reason. I think it has to do with the soft spot I have for Charlie Brown in general, I'm not sure. But I think it's one of damn cutest things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment