Friday, January 15, 2010

From Cars to Jewelry

So here's the thing - or rather one of many things: I don't have a car. I used to drive a little red station wagon that I hated with the fire of a thousand suns. Okay not that much. But for the last year or so that car was more hassle than it was worth. Ugh. It was terrible. Basically by the time I did actually get rid of it I was more than happy to just have it towed away for free, that's how big a pain it had become.

The point of all that is, basically, when Steve's at work or doing his own thing I'm pretty much stuck at home. And that basically means I'm pretty much stuck at home a lot on the weekends. So I've been trying to find inspiration around the house more.

This is a part of a necklace my mom gave me a few years ago. It's actually quite large and it can be a challenge to find things to wear it with, but it's really awesome and does make a great statement. It's very simple - it's just light blue beading, but it ends up looking very complex. I like how this photo brings out the variation in the beading and I really like the contrast against the black.

No comments:

Post a Comment