2) Driving more than 20 damn miles to get to work well before 7 in the morning.
4) EARLY mornings.
5) Absolutely every fucking thing that happened yesterday. (Except for the steak Steve made me for dinner, that was awesome and so is he.)
6) Finally deciding what movie you want to watch when you go to bed and then realizing you can't watch it in the bedroom (this one may be specific to me.)
7) The Great Black Tablecloth Debacle of 2010, Parts 1 and 2. (Pretty much going to have to trust me.)
8) Microsoft Exchange.
9) Every damn day this week.
10) Yesterday's Vikings game.
11) Today's Twins game
12) The fact that both of those teams have confusing esses at the end of their names that make me not believe I have apostrophes correctly placed.
13) Attempting to grill chicken in the dark while it's raining. (though the results were still tasty)
15) Being blamed for not knowing something that literally NO ONE actually knows.
16) Having to be the bigger person when you are so not the asshole in the situation.
You've probably caught on but it's been a pretty crappy couple of days. The primary cause of this, I won't lie, is work. It would have been an exceptionally hard week this week even if we had all five days. It was no doubt at least 7 days worth of work this week packed into 4 and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to do a fair deal work this weekend. It's all a lot of stressful stuff that, even when I have gotten done working for the night, I continue to think about, worry about and, indeed, dream about. This makes me crabby which makes me write lists of things that suck.
There is one thing that completely and totally does not suck in any way whatsoever.
Hurray! Congratulations to the parents (you guys rock) and welcome to the world, Jackson! I totally dig that your first birthday is going to be 09/10/11. That's super cool. I will totally get you a present. I'm very excited to meet you and I hope you don't think I'm scary. And just because you decided to make your appearance today I'm going to put aside my crabbiness for a bit and show you a couple things that don't totally suck about the world. Pay attention, I might test you later. ... When you've grown and learned to do things like sit up, and talk and read. So you've got some prep time anyway.
There are only two things that suck about that. One is that is was taken from the parking lot at my work. Really that doesn't suck, it's just kind of sad. The other is that it was taken around 6:15 am. That sucks. Big time.
Gotta tell you, though, it's awfully hard to remember the parts that suck when you're looking at that picture.
Some day a long, long time from now I'll tell you all about whiskey sours with two cherries. Because, believe me there is absolutely nothing about those that sucks.