Friday, September 17, 2010

Damn The Man, Save The Empire!

So my workplace has this really unfortunate habit of basically falling apart on Fridays.  It's like everyone's just trying to hold it together for the whole week and just run out of steam at the end of the day Thursday and take it out on everyone else the next day.  Seriously about three weeks in a row Friday has been just terrible, crazy-ass days at work.  Today was no exception.  It became apparent around 8:12 am that today was going to be... well, a day.  And by that I mean "a day" and in "oh my freaking god, why is today so terrible?  Why won't it end?  Is this punishment for something I did in a past life?  Did I think about committing a crime in the future and this is me serving my sentence after Tom Cruise arrested me?  Why am I thinking about Minority Report?  What the hell is going on?"

That kind of day.

So around 9 am a friend of mine at work and I were talking (and walking back and forth around the office, trying to remember where we left out brains and such) and talking about how today was just... a day.  It had already been a day.  And there was so much left.

And then we decided to call an unofficial Rex Manning Day in the office.

Because seriously?  What the fuck is with today today?

There weren't really a whole lot of shenanigans involved and I'm fairly certain no one had intercourse of any kind near the copier.  Though someone did ask me if there's a policy about inter-company relationships, so who knows.  A few of us did have a contest of sorts to see who could find the most today-appropriate demotivational poster.  And we did at one point have a discussion about which 19th century industrialist/super rich person we would have liked to be.  (We're a strange bunch.)

Unfortunately - calling it Rex Manning Day didn't really do much to make the day go any better.  So I'm going to show you a couple of pretty pictures, watch the Twins game, knit a little bit and go to bed.  Also going to eat the burger Steve's making me for dinner.  He makes really good burgers.

On to the pictures!


This is the top of the faceplate of the doorknob (if there's an actual word for that, please let me know because I really feel like I'm just rambling) at the Lutheran church whose lamps were featured yesterday. How freakin' badass is that?  (I apologize for calling anything involved with a church "badass" it strikes me now that that's probably irreverent and offensive.  I'm sorry.  I'm not taking it back, but I am sorry.)  I'm pretty sure I would really love to have doorknob faceplate thingy (seriously there has to be a word for that) like this on my house someday.  That's probably going to have to be the house I get after I somehow become a super rich 19th century industrialist, because I don't think it would fit in very well on, you know, a regular house.  It would look really silly on my apartment door, I can say that for sure.



Here's another shot that, I don't know, I just really like that picture.  I didn't think that much of it while I was taking it but when I got home and actually looked at my pictures this became one of my favorite shots of the day (more than 100 involved in that pool).  I just really like the shape and texture of it.  There's something almost... calm about it.  I like it!

Alright I'm out.  I only have one more thing to say to today - Stop calling me Warren!  My name isn't fucking Warren!

No comments:

Post a Comment