Friday, February 11, 2011

No More Rhymes Now, I Mean It!

I don't have an art rant for you today.  Just so you know.  You can continue reading without fear.  I can't really think of anything to particularly talk about today, but I'd like to get back in the habit of blogging since... well I like it, and I like to do things I like.  Weird, I know.  So hmmm.... here are 13 totally random facts about me.

q) As you well know, I start my lists with point q.  I'm still not telling why.

2) months ago I started a playlist to try to figure out what I want the daddy/daughter dance to be at my wedding.  I've made a lot of cuts and it currently has 57 songs in it.  This is the most planning I've done for my wedding so far.

3) I have officially become a hockey fan.  I believe this proves that if I just see enough of a sport I will become a fan.

4) Based on number 3, I will continue to avoid lacrosse as much as possible.

5) I secretly like the broadcasting for the Wild better than the same for the Twins.  This is because there's less Robby Incmikoski, who bugs the crap out of me.

6) This morning the mere fact that I didn't have to wear two pairs of gloves to face going outside made me happy enough to keep me smiling until at least 10:30.

7) I actually really love living in the twin cities, even when it's so cold that -13 degrees no longer warrants a warning from the weather channel.

8) In June I will be biking 150 miles in two days from Duluth to the Twin Cities to raise money for MS research.  I don't own a bike and I think the only thing I've ever done for more than, like, three miles is drive.  I have no idea HOW I'm going to do this.  BUT I WILL.

9) My bologna has a first name (it's o-s-c-a-r) but I prefer his cousin salami.

10) I wake up with the oscar meyer bologna song inexplicably stuck in my head roughly twice a month. I can only pray this is just due to some weird coincidence and not a recurring dream about lunch meat.

11) I really wish I would have started studying art before I visited France.  I think I would have been less of a smart ass about the Venus de Milo.  Probably would have, if possible, increased my disdain for the Mona Lisa though.

12) If I ever went back to school for art history, I would strive to write a paper about how and why the theme song of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is completely wrong.

12a) Scratch that, if I ever go back to school for anything I would strive to write a paper about how and why the theme song of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is completely wrong.

13) Any time I can work "anybody want a peanut?" into conversation, I will.  Because I roll like that.

There you have it - 13 pretty random things about me.

And now, a picture of a tree.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE TMNT and I want to hear why you think the theme song is wrong! Jenny

    ReplyDelete